Hi, thanks for your interest on becoming a cleaner.
- Having Photoshop CS2 or above, some other editors are permitted (please do not use paint.net), for all of you who still want to be legal, I think adobe is still giving on their website Photoshop CS2 for free.
- Knowing how to rotate, crop level and dust removal.
- Having at least a bit of free time
- Have read a lot of manga, it might sound unnecessary but the best way to know how cleaned manga is supposed to look like is to read a lot of scanlated manga.
- While redrawing is not necessary if you know it the better.
The cleaner's duty is to make the page back to what it should be, that is, making the white, white and the black black again (without removing the greys), the lines clear, while removing the japanese text and leaving the pages ready to be typeset.
While making some mistakes in the cleaner test is not necessarily a reason to fail, not following the instructions is.Test.
Once you're done with the test please PM it to Usha
or send an e-mail to email@example.com
If you want to become an editor you must pass the cleaner and the typesetter test.
If you want to help out only with the redraws, please take the cleaner test making sure to take ALL japanese text off of the pages.
If you have any question or don't understand the instructions feel free to ask.Please do not post any part of your test here