Author Topic: Favourite Manga  (Read 6064 times)

Javu

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Manga
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »
Scarfy -- I have a love/hate relationship with AoT as well
.... what are your hates and loves?

For me, the art, while much of it can be pawned off as style, has bizarre inconsistencies, especially at the beginning of the manga. It's gotten much better in recent chapters.

I also feel that it hasn't established itself yet. And I don't mean with popularity. Idk, hard to explain. It's just a feeling that I have. And I think the mangaka said he was more than half way done with it too. 

Also, it's action and mystery. And really, at this point, which do you want to see more? Eren figure out what's going on or Eren smash titans? I want to know what's going on! And the mystery of the titans will be solved before they are defeated, unless the mangaka is a genius and can pull it off the other way around. Or have the titans defeated soon after. Anyway, the problem with this is, if the biggest bomb in the story is the source of the titans, and I believe it will be, and since that bomb probably won't be at the very very end, the end will be anti-climatic.

Things I like about AoT:
I like the art (other than the irregularities). It totally fits the story. It's raw and scratchy and static.

~~~LEVI~~~

Stories when the main character has a raging, uncontrollable monster in them are always good!!

I love the mystery of the titans! The horror and the terror want me to find out what's going on SO BAD. I just want to know!!!

Anyway. Sorry for that AoT rant :)

Other favorite manga:
Naruto and OP will always be top two. Love them both. Naruto was the first manga I ever read, and there was a good four years I didn't touch anything else because I was so stuck-up, thinking that nothing could be better than Naruto lol. And well... If I had read OP then, I'd probably have the same opinion. OP's universe and plot is so much more grand and complex than Naruto's. But since I read Naruto first, and didn't read anything else that was good for so long, well... idk. It's like having two best friends, but one you've been best friends with for 8 years and the other 1 year.

Gotta love FMA. And lemme see... Tower of God, Ouran HS Host Club, Bakuman, Psyren, AoT, and Tokyo Kushu are all in the top range. I like a lot of different genres, but shonen or seinen, especially stuff from Jump, yesssssss!

Best art: Bleach as #1 and Drifters from #2. I thought Drifters' art was so weird at first, but once I got into it, it just hit me: it's gorgeous.

Scarfy

• Noob
  • Forum surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
@Javu
Love / hate situation mainly arises from the story, the art of AoT seems to me on a quite high level and well connected with the dark-mood-ish story.

To sum up my experience with AoT story (at least the first part):
-We have caught female titan and will find out who she is
-Nevermind she escaped
-We have caught female titan again
-Never mind she escaped
-We finally have caught female titan for good this time
-JK she's in some freaking crystal BS that is essential to the story but you will have to wait til next 50 chapters to learn anything new about it TROLOLOLOLOLOOOOL

and then the story ever so slightly switches to "Historia is you know what" line.

In my opinion mangaka got caught off guard how fast his mangas popularity has risen so thats why there are so many inconsistencies in it. The feel of not establishing itself also might come from this sudden rise. (I feel like mangaka can't figure out which of his ideas to follow)

As for my wishes to where I would like the story going, it would definitely be in the direction to unlock the mystery of the titan origin, but that includes Eren to go to that long-forgotten basement.

My fav characters and reasons:
Erens father: I love characters that are quite essential to the story but disappear in the beginning of it :D The only fear I have is that he was OFFed by the government for knowing too much like the recent plot reveals.
Levi: dat face (I need to say no more xP)

Since You mentioned OP ;D . The latest arc (dresrosa) is by far the most challenging to theorize about. The plot twist make me love the manga more than ever before. If OP would be my first manga / anime in younger days it could have very well been my last.  :P
Im NO NOOOOOOOOOB >:3

SnowdropDreamer

• Proofreader
  • Noob
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 03:59:24 PM »
My overall favorite series is 7 Days. I’ve read it so many times I can’t keep count & I basically have it memorized. & I just adore all of Takarai Rihito’s works.

OMG a Takarai Rihito fan!! Are you reading Graineliers?? (I'm QCing that one at F.Synd!)
I have no idea what is it about yet though, but yeah, I love all Rihito's work aswell.

I am! I'm reading and have read all her works. Graineliers is definitely out of her usual genre which makes it all the more interesting I'm always waiting for updates. ^^ However, my favorite of her current manga is Ten Count. Ten Count feels like she's making another 7 Days story, only with different characters and I love it so far. ^^   

Harutora

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 05:11:48 AM »
I don't want to explain mines. But these are my All Time Favorites
Dengiki Daisy
Love So Life
Kaizoku no Ningiyo (?)
Oresama teacher
Five
1/2 Prince
Skip Beat
Fairy Tail
Bleach

I had one more but I can't recall the name of it. In my head, it's just a blur text but a perfect view of the image. -.-

Tony Tony Chopper

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 08:01:06 AM »
My top 5 manga are Hajime no Ippo, One piece, REAL, Bambino and GTO.

The reason behind this is that all of the manga listed have caused an emotional reaction from me, which I'd never have thought would happen from just reading a manga.

Hajime no Ippo is number 1 in that list for me. The fact that its gone over 1000 chapters while maintaining its quality in the story and character development is why I'm always excited for a new chapter release.

19sai

• Noob
  • om nom nom...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 06:06:55 PM »
My top 3 favorite manga at the moment are:
Sidonia no Kishi
Tokyo Ghoul
Suisei no Gargantia
oh boy... if only there were manga about space zombies in a post-apocalypse setting... xD